- Murray Mallee Community Transport Scheme
- Murray Transport Connections
- Murray Mallee Aged Care Group Inc
- Local Government Authorities
Murray Mallee Community Transport Scheme & Murray Transport Connections are both Community Passenger Networks (CPN). CPN’s play a key role as a central point of contact for the transport needs of its community. The CPN’s are funded by the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion and Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. There are regional and metro based CPN’s in South Australia.
The role of a CPN is to:
- Provide information on transport services available in the region
- Coordinate transport services for members of their communities, particularly for transport disadvantaged*
- Provide ad-hoc transport where no other transport is available in the region and where resources are available to the CPN
*If you are:
- unable to access public transport due to distance, mobility or availability of services, and
- unable to drive yourself, and
- unable to access another person to transport you,
Please contact your local CPN to discuss how we can help you.
Murray Mallee Community Transport Scheme is a Community Passenger Network service, hosted by the Coorong District Council, in partnership with Karoonda East Murray District Council and Southern Mallee District Council.
Murray Transport Connections is a Community Passenger Network service, hosted by the Mid Murray Council in partnership with the Rural City of Murray Bridge.
Murray Mallee Aged Care Group Inc provides in home care services for aged members of the community to remain in their own homes.
Our research project ‘Linking Rural Older People to Community through Technology’ funded by the Australian Government of Department of Health and Ageing aims to improve access to regionalised services and the wider community for older Australians in rural and remote locations.
It is recognised that transport is a factor that limits many activities that older community members wish to undertake. Through the project, it has been highlighted that information on availability of all transport options was not always available to all members of the community.
As an aged care organisation, MMACG has limited options to improve existing transport services, instead dedicating funds to this transport information website for the whole of the Murray Mallee region.
Murray Mallee Aged Care Group Inc website - Click here.
Local Government Authorities:
- Coorong District Council - Click here
- Karoonda East Murray District Council - Click here
- Mid Murray Council - Click here
- Rural City of Murray Bridge - Click here
- Southern Mallee District Council - Click here
Helen was appointed Coordinator of the Murray Mallee Community Transport Scheme in September 2005. Helen’s background is in the health area of nursing, aged care and disability care. Helen presently lives in Murray Bridge and is an active member of SA Ambulance Service with the Tailem Bend team.
Murray Mallee Community Transport Scheme Administration Officer – Annyse McFee
For residents of Coorong, Karoonda-East Murray & Southern Mallee District Councils, contact:
Murray Mallee Community Transport Scheme
Location address: Tailem Bend Railway Station, Railway Terrace, Tailem Bend
Postal Address: PO Box 266, Tailem Bend, 5260
Phone Work: 8572 4288
Phone After Hours/ Mobile: 0427 097 700
Fax: 8572 4830
For residents of Mid Murray Council & Rural City of Murray Bridge, contact:
Murray Transport Connections
Location Address: 49 Adelaide Road, Mannum
Postal Address: PO BOX 28, Mannum SA 5238
Phone Work: 1300 190 869
Mobile: 0407 445 833
Phone After Hours: N/A